Sunday, November 27, 2016

Emmy Nominated actor Ron Glass - Shepherd Book from Firefly and Serenity - dies at 71

Shepherd Book - Ron Glass - July 10, 1945 – November 25, 2016

Ron Glass, the actor we've come to love for portraying Shepherd Derrial Book from the Firefly TV-series and Serenity, died last November 25  at the age of 71.

Glass, a theater actor, turned to TV and films i 1972 and is best known for his role as the pseudo-Christian preacher and for his role as Detective Ron Harris in the television sitcom Barney Miller (1975–82) for which he received an Emmy nomination.

There's an outtake from the 2005 Serenity movie that was never used where Shepherd Book delivers a prayer for the dead called the "Haven Prayer". It seems fitting to use it here.

"Lord, I'm walking your way. Let me in, for my feet are sore, my clothes are ragged. 
Look in my eyes, Lord, and my sins will play out on them as on a screen. Read them all. 
Forgive what you can and send me on my path. I will walk on until you bid me rest." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...